Friday, July 24, 2015

I Don't Mind

I don’t mind the warm July air
When I’m with you in the summer time in Disney
I don’t mind the wait at the gate
When a magic ride will be the reward
I don’t mind late nights past bedtime
When music and colors explode in the sky
I don’t mind not eating for a while
When sumptuous dinners will satisfy
I don’t mind keeping the fast pace
When we will have gone to more places
I don’t mind napping once a day
When the heat is strong and the body wishes rest
I don’t mind the early start each day
When my head wants a pillow but my heart leaps with joy
I don’t mind being among the lucky
To sit up front for the Festival of The Lion King
When you get to be part of the show
To walk around the stage and shake the beads in a can
I don’t mind listening to It’s a Small World twice
When I see you are mesmerized by it all
I don’t mind having you choose me
To journey with you on many rides
As when we plan our vacation of the future
Or  shoot lasers as we spin our seats round and round
I don’t mind putting my arms around you
To let you know you have me when you’re scared
As when the thunder roars and the lightning strikes
Or when the rough roller coaster makes you cry
I don’t mind taking time off my busy schedule
When in the long run you matter much more
One day when you say, “Do you remember when…”
I’ll say yes, dear, as I treasure these July days always


No comments:

Post a Comment