Saturday, June 20, 2015

Collage 22

I drink from a big thermos while Daddy drinks from my tiny cup
  I am a big boy now
I share food and fun with my newfound Taiwanese friends
  I am groomed to be a world traveler
I use bold colors to decorate my books
  It’s so therapeutic, I’ll say
I help Mommy choose the right wines at shopping
  It’s important to give Bà Ngoại the best when she visits
I vacuum our floor with the powerful Dyson machine
  You just have to think of chores as games
To hone my intellectual skills I play with beads
  And of course I read to my dragon and baby
I love learning new things at museums
  And aquariums of all shapes and sizes
I practice what I’ve learned every day
  Like tying my shoelaces or watering holes
I take a break from getting smart now and then
  To cavort with uncles lest they are lonely
Being my mother’s son it is hard to sit still
  But there are times a fellow has to slow down
So once in a while you may just catch
  Me quietly watching the airplanes come and go
And at the end of the hard working day
  In deep slumber you’ll find me resting





No comments:

Post a Comment