Monday, July 27, 2015

Disney Second Day

Back to Magic Kingdom we went the second day. We were sad that Pirates of the Caribbean was closed for renovation. It was our favorite last year. We did the other must-do rides like It’s the Small World, Under the Sea, Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, and Mad Tea Cup. Bà said she always liked carrousels, so we also went on the Prince Charming Regal Carrousel, though no prince charmings showed up. Bà tried to take a picture of Mama and me when we were both looking in her direction during It’s a Small World but it didn’t work out too well for her. Maybe she should invest in a faster camera, but at her age, changes are hard and she’s happy with the camera she got. It’s also kinda special because Ông gave it to her.

Mama thought I’d love riding a roller coaster, so she took me on the Barnstormer. I was scared, but I tried to be brave. I told her it was fun, but it gave her the idea that I wanted to ride again, even though I said I didn’t want to. I went with Bà the second time, but not after a break of calmer rides and getting wet at Casey Jr. Splash ‘N’ Soak Station.  

Bà held me the whole time on the Barnstormer, but she didn’t know I was crying until she watched Mama’s video later. In fact, no one knew I was crying until then. At least that put an end to more roller coaster rides for me. I hope I’ll grow big and strong next year and will enjoy the rough rides more. For now, when I don’t need to exert my independence, I just want to be cuddled or carried, especially on Dada’s shoulders.

We repeated some rides and went to shows with Dada after he was done with his conference. We attended Country Bear Jamboree, Monsters, Inc. Laugh Floor, and Mickey’s PhilharMagic shows. This year I am old enough to enjoy the 3D shows with their special effects. I kept my 3D glasses on instead of breaking them as I did last year. Mama remembered that my uncle cậu Thal stood up and waved to Mickey Mouse at the end of PhilharMagic when they watched it in 1995. I bet he was almost as cute as I am.


I sat with Bà at Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin. Bà juggled shooting lasers at her own targets, helping me shoot, and spinning us around so Mama could take pictures of us. As far as I could tell, she didn’t do too well and Mama’s pictures didn’t turn out. But I had fun in the frenzy of lights and sounds and laughter. As last year, I drove the Tomorrowland Speedway with Dada on the passenger’s seat. Mama took pictures but I am too short to be seen. If you look closely, though, you can make out my Mickey ears (and Dada’s silly grin.)

At the end of the second day, we had dinner at Narcoossee’s where we could watch both the Epcot and Magic Kingdom fireworks through the windows from our table. We decided to go out to the balcony for the Magic Kingdom fireworks, however, leaving our untouched plates behind. As a measure of good service, the servers covered our plates to keep the food warm. The grown-ups passed their plates around while I made sure I didn’t miss anything they had, except for the beer and wine.




No comments:

Post a Comment