Monday, July 27, 2015

Disney First Day

We met my bà ngoại in Disney World. Is there a better place to meet her when we live far apart? I don’t think so. At least not when I’m two-and-a-half years old. It was three months ago that my parents planned the event. Who knows how long it took them. Bà didn’t have to plan because she was happy to do whatever we wanted. All she had to do was to arrange her vacation and book her plane ticket. We took care of the rest. By we, I mean G&L, my handsome, ambitious, and adoring parents.

We spent the first four days with Bà and visited all four Disney parks: Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Hollywood Studios – in that order. I made sure I was in my best charming self. It worked most of the time, at least that’s what Bà thinks. She likes to snap pictures of me.

She also snaps pictures of Mama sometimes. She likes this picture because Mama’s dress matches colors with the dinosaur and the sun in Dinoland.

There I rode the TriceraTop Spin with Mama while Bà went by herself on the Primeval Whirl which has a height requirement I didn’t meet. She claimed that it was not as fun as she remembered riding it with Mama last year. She did enjoy the Expedition Everest, however, but she had a lot more fun when she went with Dada than when she went by herself. She said there was no point of screaming when she was alone. I empathize. 

We walked the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, twice in fact, once without Dada and once with Dada, where we saw gorillas, hippos, zebras, okapis, muskrats, monkeys, turtles, lizards, toads, and fish. I love fishies, if you must know.


The Wildlife Express Train took us to the petting yard at the Affection Section where I brushed goats and sheep.

The Kilimanjaro Safari ride was really cool.





We learned that the bald eagles are no longer endangered and watched exotic birds fly, sing, and play tricks at the Flights of Wonder bird show. A flock of white birds flew out of nowhere in unison and created a rush of air overhead. The exciting thing for Dada was that he got to be on stage with another volunteer. They didn’t have to do anything but sit there prettily and watch an owl fly to a spot right above their heads. I could have done that even better.



Not to let Dada have all the glory to himself, I got on stage myself at the Festival of the Lion King show. It was an experience to parade in front of hundreds of adoring fans; you should try it if you have a chance. I relished every moment of fame, although I acted shy at first so Mama didn’t think I was eager to leave her. Dada videotaped me so I can watch it again and again and tell my grandchildren about it.

Other shows we watched included Finding Nemo and It’s Tough to be a Bug. My ambitious parents wanted me to go on the Kali River Rapids raft ride so badly that they padded my heels so I could qualify. We “traveled through the turbulent rivers of a jungle landscape.” I think it was totally worth it.

We ate dinner at Jiko, Mama’s favorite restaurant of all the ones we’ve eaten at. Bà had a St. George beer in honor of Dada and we all enjoyed the grilled wild boar tenderloin and smoked salmon appertizers. The parade and fireworks at Magic Kingdom were pretty magic, but that was not our last thing. We rode the Haunted Mansion before retiring for the first day.




No comments:

Post a Comment