Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Disney Fourth Day

We spent the fourth day with my cousins and their parents. We met uncle Warren and his family early in the morning and together we walked to Hollywood Studios. It was peaceful in the morning. We saw ducks on grass fields. Bà’s camera got foggy in the cool air.

The park was open an hour early for people who stayed at Disney resorts. We got here early with the idea to ride the Toy Story Midway Mania, but it was closed at that time. Dada and Bà went up Bà’s favorite ride, the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. They rode it twice, the first time with aunt Christy, Andrew, and Aiden, the second time with uncle Warren and Andrew. Aiden bowed out after his first ride. I don’t blame him. Andrew didn’t really want to go either, but he put on a brave face and finally agreed to go again with his dad. The four of them got the whole elevator of the Tower of Terror to themselves! They said they held hands and screamed their hearts out. 

Mama took me to Honey I Shrunk the Kids. I played around with the cousins until Dada and Bà got back from their Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster. Dada and Bà thought the ride would be outdoors, so Bà left her sunglasses on. Bà’s sunglasses slid down her nose and rested on her lips and she couldn’t adjust them because she held tight to the bar while experiencing unexpected twists and turns and loops. We then went to Muppet Vision 3D with uncle Warren’s family before splitting until the evening show.

Dada and I waited while Mama and Bà rode the Star Tours. When they got back, they watched the Jedi Training Academy with me while it was Dada’s turn to ride the Star Tours. The Jedi training with the lightsabers was fascinating, I had to crane my neck to watch because the Disney photographer kept blocking my view. I wish I were one of the Jedi knights but I’m not old enough yet. Uncle Warren must have known my wish because later he got me a lightsaber of my own.

Afterwards, we went to the Lights, Motors, Action! Extreme Stunt Show and I was somewhat bored because there was too much talking and not enough action. All I wanted to do was run up and down the bleachers and slide down the railings, but Bà kept an eye on me and swooped me up as soon as she thought I was in danger. I tried to appease her by sitting on her lap for a bit, but it was extremely hard to keep still. Bà got excited sometimes and pointed and took pictures, but I don’t really understand what the fuss was all about.





Oh, did you say something about an explosion? I’d rather see Mickey Mouse any time.

It was nice to watch beautiful dancing and hear beautiful songs from Beauty and the Beast and Voyage of the Little Mermaid. It was also nice to catch a break from the heat to watch Walt Disney One Man’s Dream. I rode with Dada on the Toy Story Midway Mania! while Mama and Bà rode together. Bà was no match to Mama, but Mama wasn’t too happy to hear that Dada got a much higher score than she did.

Before dinner at Hollywood & Vine, we rode The Great Movie Ride which was relaxing. There’s talk that my ancestors were in the banking business.

We met up and hung out with uncle Warren and his family after dinner. Aiden pushed me around in my stroller. Dada posed with Warren. Christy posed with Aiden and Andrew. Bà tried to help me apply what I learned from watching the Jedi knights with the lightsaber. Mama posed with Hadley.



We ended the evening with two fantastic shows: Fantasmic and Frozen Fireworks Spectacular. What more can a fellow ask for?


It would be too soon the next morning when I had to kiss Bà goodbye. As Ông says, you should leave while you’re having a good time. And we did, with just a touch of regret and tons of fond memories.


No comments:

Post a Comment