Sunday, January 1, 2023

Collage 63

When the Christmas lights are lit
The ornaments are hung on the tree
The holiday spirit springs high
In my joyful heart
The excitement mounts
As the day draws near
I can’t wait to see
What Santa will bring
To the good girls and boys
Who live on Marcae
I know I’m on the list
For Dadas says so
Even though Mamas doesn’t believe
He brings her something too
This year we have more stockings
Bà and Ông are here
But Santa don’t mind
He’s magical and fast
We can hear him laugh
But he disappears in a flash
I go back to sleep
I’ll see Santa in my dream
When I wake up
Christmas Day is here
We gather close
We laugh and we love
We hug and we kiss
We eat and we drink
We give thanks for each other
And pray for blessings
For peace and for love
For people near and far
And for Santa
Who needs a good rest



No comments:

Post a Comment