Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Collage#40

Childhood in summer
Gives us so many offers
Such as watching a sunset
Under an orange sky
Or being read to
While snuggling up close
Or going down a slide
Holding on to each other
Or helping Milli
Get out of the pool
After she did a great job
In her own swim sessions with Miss Cathy
Or gobbling up a giant
Dish of sushi
When I was so hungry
At Imperial Palace
To celebrate
The end of my swim season
Or kissing Allison
Who’s Mother’s cousin
Or splashing around
In the cool water
Of the swimming pool
Of Ocean Vista
In North Carolina
With third cousins
Coming from Virginia
Arms around each other we strolled
Down the path to the bay in Corolla
While reminding Mother
To be nice to her own
At the beach we buried ourselves
While Milli played in the sand
Laughing like we’d been friends
Since before time began
We had so much fun
That I even forgot
To ask Bà to read me
Her many children’s ebooks
She’d loaded on her iPad
Just for me
But at Mother’s insistence
And the lure of a candy prize
It’s not hard to see why
I did not neglect
My swimming practices
With Coach Ông’s help
I hope the rest of the summer
Will go swimmingly well
As the time we had
In North Carolina

No comments:

Post a Comment