Wednesday, March 12, 2014

In Peace

They say you have just a short time
To be with us on this earthly stay
I do not know how to let you go
In peace I know I must not hold you tight
I do not know what I can say
To ease your pain and let you be
But I want to tell you many things
From my heart for you are so much loved
My tears will fall should you be gone
The roads will stay silent without your walking
The sun will shine a little less brightly
The flowers will not show their best blooms
The birds will not sing the best melodies
The music will not be as sweet as could be
How my heart will be broken though I know
You’ll be free from the burden you’ve carried
We will be fine though we will miss you so
Until some day when again we’ll see you
Angels are with you I just know
And heaven will welcome you with trumpets and songs
You will enter a new world with no pain
For God is holding you in the palm of His Hand.

March 3, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment