Monday, February 11, 2013

Aplet

I am holding on to the last piece of aplet
Yearning for time to freeze
Time is cruelly marching by
And will be gone as surely as the last piece of aplet of mine

So how is my very own grandson
The smart strong and good-looking dragon boy
I can imagine him so fresh in my mind
His figure's the same as at the moment I saw him last

I know that is not true at all
For he is growing as boys always do
I need a magic carpet of my own
To sneak a peek at him to satisfy my longing so

To hold him tight and to kiss his cheeks tenderly
To coo when he cries and to laugh when he smiles
To tell him over and over how much he is loved
To watch him grow and be there each day he changes

As far as I know magic carpets don’t fly
Over the lands of Texas or of Virginia
Holding his hands each day is an impossible dream
Seeing his face however yet I may be

Nhỏ Con Rồng it’s his name that I call
Giving me so much joy I’ve never even known
I would feel as he made his first appearance
Into my world when the stars start dancing about

His sweet smile generates much sunshine
His innocent eyes drive through the winter blues
His soft pink skin warms the heart and soul
His wiggling toes make the world go ‘round

So call me each day on Skype if you please
Let me gaze into his beautiful face
Let me hear the gurgling sounds he’s making
I want to say hello to the aplet of my eyes

Feb 11, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment