Monday, November 14, 2016

Solace

A reflection on Sunday 11/13/2016

I was in search of solace
Away from the jeers and cheers
I felt like being upside down
In a world that aligned with me not

I found myself deep in the woods
Where only a few mortals care to trod
In the clean air I felt God
Granting me the calm I sought

With my camera I captured colors
Of orange, yellow, red, and green
Which glowed under the autumn sunray
Where the cool air warmed and dispelled distress

I took tea from the Drink Me cup
A souvenir from a magic time
It served well in mending my heart
I felt better amid the confusing time

Today’s sermon was of planting a tree
When one feels the end of the world is coming near
For hope is eternal, faith is clear
God’s grace will keep you safe from fear


No comments:

Post a Comment