Saturday, June 21, 2014

My Lucky Star

There’s no more band-aid under my eye
And the pain has been gone for quite a while.
But I still wear my hair over my face
To hide the dark spots that stubbornly stay.

I can think of this as a tragedy –
Woe from a God that does not like me.
What with other pains at this time of rue –
A swell on my foot and a hamstring that is strained.

I missed some matches of a game I love to play
While my love’s been in Mars and in Venus I stayed.
I choose not to dwell on anger and despair,
But thank my lucky star for the God who cares.

I fell off my bicycle on an empty road side,
Skidded on the gravel and my helmet served me fine.
I suffered no damages besides bruised and scraped skin.
My God smiled on me and protected me well.

The darkened spots are a small price to pay
To have no broken bones and no hospital stay.
I count my blessings each day that I live,
For life is good even when curved balls came.

No comments:

Post a Comment