Thursday, September 5, 2024

Moments With You

Your funeral was yesterday. I watched it from afar. I liked the pictures of you over the year, flashing through the screen, but wished there were more. You looked so handsome.

You had told me that you probably would not have befriended me if we met when you were younger. Just because I was of a different race. I am glad we met later in your life when your outlook had changed. You opened up your heart to me. I treasure that.

Sing to the Lord a new song. Yes. As we grow, our songs change and grow with us.

I saw your son Steve for the first time. He mentioned me in the eulogy. Thank you for having included me in your family converstations.

I enjoyed learning more tidbits about you. didn’t know you liked looking like Clint Eastwood, paid off your mortgage early, and paid for cars with cash.

I liked the idea that God gives us enough for the moments.

I am glad God gave me moments with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment