Friday, September 13, 2024

Broken Love

You wrote me love poems
Passionately affirming
Sweet and forlorn love
That touched my heart so

You found in me an inspiration
You begged of me an attention
I granted you a look
From then on you got hooked

In adoration you held my hand
My heart was light I felt grand
I knew I needed love that lasts
Forever more and ever more

You wanted me to love you
When you felt lonesome and sad
Promises you didn’t need to hear
Faithfulness didn’t need to be declared

Alas love lasts not forever
I took my wings and said goodbye
In the moonlight you felt regrets
Nursing the broken love I left behind


The English version was written about a month and a half after the Vietnamese version below 
Một Buổi Chiều Tà

Bài thơ tình anh viết
Ngọt bùi lẫn nồng cay
Vần thơ càng lai láng
Hương tình càng say đắm

Em là nguồn thơ hứng
Anh ngửa tay đợi chờ
Em ban anh mắt liếc
Đủ cho lòng chơi vơi

Ta cùng nhau đi chơi
Anh tặng em lời nồng
Em cần tình yêu thắm
Lâu dài cả trăm năm

Anh chỉ cần em thương
Khi đời anh cô độc
Chung tình không cần hứa
Thủy chung hai chữ thừa

Tình không là muôn thuở
Em cất cánh bay xa
Anh ngẩn ngơ nhớ tiếc
Trong một buổi chiều tà


No comments:

Post a Comment